“Adopt a Family” Program For The Holidays
On any given night, it is estimated that 300,000 children in the Houston area either sleep on the floor or share a bed. This holiday season, Houston Furniture Bank introduces its Adopt a Family Program to provide furniture for disadvantaged families and individuals in the Greater Houston region.
Through the Adopt a Family Program Houston Furniture Bank is encouraging local residents, businesses and corporations to help it meet its goal of serving up to 500 families a month. The nonprofit is slated to open its new 75,000-square-foot facility early next year after a massive fire destroyed its previous facility in 2015.
Monetary donations in support of the Adopt a Family Program can be made at houstonfurniturebank.org/adopt-family.
Become a Sponsor
Are you interested in providing local households with not only furniture but also hope and a step toward stability? Do you want every child in our community to have a bed to sleep in each night, a chair and desk for doing homework, a dining table for sharing a family meal? We rely on donations to serve thousands of local families and individuals in need.
HFB works with a variety of businesses, foundations, individuals, and other nonprofits to make empty houses homes for people in need. These partners have generously supported our mission through significant in-kind donations, product drive collections, and/or financial contributions of $10,000 or more.
- Albert & Ethel Herzstein Foundation
- Bassett Furniture
- Baxter Trust
- Brown Foundation
- Cantoni Furniture
- Cort Furniture
- Ann & Jeff Cummins
- Cyvia & Melvyn Wolfe Foundation
- Faithbridge Community Church
- Finger Furniture
- Gordon & Mary Cain Foundation
- Greater Houston Hotel & Lodging Association
- Hoffer Furniture
- Houston Apartment Locators Association
- Houston Endowment
- Houston Foundation
- Knox Charitable Foundation
- Louis Shanks Of Texas
- Mattress Firm
- Mattress Giant
- Meadows Foundation
- Millennium Opportunity
- New Tech Global
- Ray C. Fish Foundation
- Rockwell Fund
- Serta Mattress
- Simmons Foundation
- St. Martin’s Episcopal Church
- Star Furniture
- United Methodist Church
- United Way, Texas Gulf Coast
- Vivian L. Smith Foundation
HFB partners with over 75 social service and nonprofit organizations throughout the greater Houston Area. All agencies must comply with the following criteria:
- Annual Partner Agency Fee is $50.00
- Partner Agencies must be 501(c) 3 Nonprofit Agency.
- Agencies must assign a Referring Agent/Caseworker to each client.
- Referring Agents will conduct a home visit at the client’s residence to verify need.
- Partner Agencies purchase Vouchers as a service fee for furniture distribution processing
Interested in becoming a Partner Agency? Give us a call at (713)842-9771 to find out how.