Join us at our Open House! Meet some of our staff, learn more about the organization, and tour our new facility. It’s a great opportunity to invite your friends to learn more about the organization too!
The new facility is 75,000 square feet and houses all the Houston Furniture Bank’s programs and services under one roof, including:
- a new Houston Furniture Bank Outlet Center location
- storage for donated, gently-used furniture
- a receiving area for large deliveries
- a sustainable mattress recycling operation
- an area for the Decorating Interiors – Volunteers at Your Service (DIVAS) members
The events are free, but registration is recommended. Open House dates:
- Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. — https://www.eventbrite.com/e/houston-furniture-bank-open-house-tickets-34498091721
- Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. — https://www.eventbrite.com/e/houston-furniture-bank-open-house-82617-tickets-36119805310
- Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. — https://www.eventbrite.com/e/houston-furniture-bank-open-house-93017-tickets-36119930685
About Houston Furniture Bank
Thousands of families in our community are living without the most basic of furniture to sit on, eat over, or sleep on in their homes and thousands more are struggling to get back on their feet. It is estimated that approximately 300,000 children in the greater Houston area either sleep on the floor or share a bed each night.
Houston Furniture Bank works with clients referred through partnerships with more than 75 Houston-area agencies, providing furniture to individuals and families transitioning to independent living. Clients include: veterans, senior citizens, and single parents who have become unable to gain employment or earn adequate wages to support themselves; victims of natural disasters, such as floods and fires; individuals affected by mental challenges, physical disabilities, chemical dependence or catastrophic health issues; and, victims of domestic violence.
The Houston Furniture Bank encourages community members, businesses and corporations to get involved and help provide furniture for families and neighbors who for one reason or another cannot afford to purchase it on their own right now. Join us at the Open House to learn more.
Houston Furniture Bank is located at 8220 Mosley Rd., 77075. For more information, visit houstonfurniturebank.org. or call 713-842-9771.