What Does HFB Accept?
The complete list of what is accepted at HFB. If it is not on the list, we do not accept it.
QUALITY OF ITEMS DONATED:
- All items must be clean and in good, working condition. New items accepted.
- Free of rips, stains, tears, cigarette burns, water damage, and/or pet hair. We do NOT repair broken furniture.
- Remember, trash is trash. Refuse items to avoid increasing our trash bill.
- Would you still use it in your own home? Would you give it to your friend or family member?
- All staff and volunteers have the right to refuse items that do not meet our quality standard.
Furniture & Rugs
- Accepted Specialty Beds: Bunk beds, trundle, captain’s bed and rollaway (see mattresses/box springs)
- Chairs: Kitchen and upholstered (working lift/electric chairs accepted)
- Rugs 12’ x 12’ and smaller
- Beds of all sizes and most conditions. (See mattress recycling page about pick up fees for mattresses)
- Kitchen tables and dining room sets
- Coffee and end tables
- Couches, love seats, sectionals, and sleepers* (First floor only)
- Dressers and chest of drawers
- Bed frames of all sizes
- Recliners* (First floor only)
Small Appliances & Electronics
- Blenders/Cuisinart/food processors
- Bread machines
- Coffeemakers (no espresso makers)
- Fans: box and floor (no ceiling fixtures)
- Electric griddles, woks and fry pans
- George Forman grill/panini press/quesadillas makers
- Hairdryers, curling irons/flat iron
- Heaters, small/electric (no baseboard heaters)
- Irons and Ironing boards
- Lamps: floor and table (no fixtures)
- Radios (no stereo components/speakers)
- Rice steamers
- Stove top ovens (no built ins)
- Toasters and toaster ovens
- TVs, remotes and converter boxes (TVs must be 10 years or newer)
- Waffle makers
- Working washers and driers