Back to Top
What Does HFB Accept?
The complete list of what is accepted at HFB. If it is not on the list, we do not accept it.
QUALITY OF ITEMS DONATED:
- All items must be clean and in good, working condition. New items accepted.
- Free of rips, stains, tears, cigarette burns, water damage, and/or pet hair. We do NOT repair broken furniture.
- Remember, trash is trash. Refuse items to avoid increasing our trash bill.
- Would you still use it in your own home? Would you give it to your friend or family member?
- All staff and volunteers have the right to refuse items that do not meet our quality standard.
Furniture & Rugs
- Accepted Specialty Beds: Bunk beds, trundle, captain’s bed and rollaway (see mattresses/box springs)
- Chairs: Kitchen and upholstered (working lift/electric chairs accepted)
- Rugs 12’ x 12’ and smaller
- Beds of all sizes and most conditions. (See mattress recycling page about pick up fees for mattresses)
- Kitchen tables and dining room sets
- Coffee and end tables
- Couches, love seats, sectionals, and sleepers* (First floor only)
- Dressers and chest of drawers
- Bed frames of all sizes
- Recliners* (First floor only)
Small Appliances & Electronics
- Blenders/Cuisinart/food processors
- Bread machines
- Coffeemakers (no espresso makers)
- Fans: box and floor (no ceiling fixtures)
- Electric griddles, woks and fry pans
- George Forman grill/panini press/quesadillas makers
- Hairdryers, curling irons/flat iron
- Heaters, small/electric (no baseboard heaters)
- Irons and Ironing boards
- Lamps: floor and table (no fixtures)
- Radios (no stereo components/speakers)
- Rice steamers
- Stove top ovens (no built ins)
- Toasters and toaster ovens
- TVs, remotes and converter boxes (TVs must be 10 years or newer)
- Waffle makers
- Working washers and driers