Like so many organizations, Houston Furniture Bank is facing unprecedented challenges in the face of the global pandemic. We are taking extraordinary measures to ensure the safety and health of our employees and clients as well as to be responsible world citizens.
Houston Furniture Bank provides a much-needed service to the community in the form of furniture assistance. Of this, we are very proud. We are also proud to provide gainful, meaningful employment for over 30 individuals.
The COVID 19 infection is a very serious threat facing our community and our nation. We are taking every precaution, short of closing our operations, to do our part in protecting our neighbors. We take our role very seriously. Please read below about the measures that Houston Furniture Bank is taking to protect the community. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation with these measures. We will be using our social media channels to help spread the word about resources that are available and ways to help the community.
- Effective immediately, Houston Furniture Bank will not be entering homes to pick up furniture. Furniture to be donated should be moved outside.
- Visitors to Houston Furniture Bank will be asked to complete a short health survey.
- Houston Furniture Bank is not accepting Community Service workers until further notice.
- Houston Furniture Bank will be vigilantly observing “social distancing,” insisting that all individuals remain six feet apart at all times.
- Furniture assistance appointments are limited to essential visitors only.
- All those participating in Furniture Assistance appointments will review new procedures at the start of their appointment.
- Staff will wear gloves when handling furniture.
- Furniture and trucks will be sterilized with industrial-strength sanitizer.
- Our staff is asked to stay at home when ill.
- Staff that is able to work from home will do so.
- Signage is posted throughout the building about proper hand-washing and social distancing practices, etc.
- High-traffic areas are sanitized throughout the day, overseen by area supervisors. A designated supervisor is assigned to each area of Houston Furniture Bank. This included our trucks.
- Sanitization checklists will be submitted to management daily.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available throughout the building.
- Volunteer activity remains suspended until further notice