In the face of the ongoing Covid 19 situation, Houston Furniture Bank continues our service to the community. There continues to be a great need for the services we provide. Houston Furniture Bank is taking the following precautions to keep the families we serve and our staff safe:
- Sanitizing all surfaces regularly and wearing gloves when handling furniture.
- Encouraging staff, clients and caseworkers to stay home when symptomatic.
- For our Furniture Selection appointments, we are working with our Distribution Partners to limit non-essential visitors to HFB.
- Educating our staff about CDC and WHO preventative guidelines.
- Allowing remote work for staff for whom this is an option.
- Postponing upcoming events.
- Our HFB Art Gallery Reception, originally scheduled for March 21 has been postponed until further notice.
- The No Kids on the Floor Luncheon, originally scheduled for June 2, has been pushed back to September 1st to allow for outreach.
- Product Runway 2020 has been postponed.
Here are some guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID 19
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- If you have fever, cough or difficulty breathing, see medical care early.
- Stay informed and follow the advice given by your healthcare provider.
We will be monitoring the following websites and encourage all to do the same.
- CDC COVID-19 General Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC Information for Travel: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Texas Health & Human Services: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
Thank you and stay healthy!