A Houston Furniture Bank status update of Phase Three of the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund grant
PHASE THREE of the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund* program continues at Houston Furniture Bank and the flow of families needing assistance has not slowed. The goal of this project was to serve 700 families in the first 120 days after funding. As of February 28, 2018, the following results have been achieved in families served:
- Total Families Served through January 31, 2018 = 685 (98% of the goal)
- Agencies with which Houston Furniture Bank has worked = 17
- Furniture items distributed = 3,356
Unfortunately, funding for this project ends after March 2018. To continue efforts to aid the area in recovery from Hurricane Harvey, Houston Furniture Bank has created a new program: Charitable Furniture Purchase Program. This program was created so that agencies with Hurricane Harvey recovery funding are able to obtain furniture for affected families at discounted prices through the Houston Furniture Bank.
How this works:
- Houston-area charitable organizations assisting families will request assistance from Houston Furniture Bank to purchase a specific number of furniture packages or items based upon the number of clients they would like to serve.
- Payment for the furniture must be made at the time of making the initial order.
- Houston Furniture Bank will purchase the furniture items on behalf of the partner organization.
- Houston Furniture Bank will distribute the furniture packages or items to selected clients.
- Clients must bring in ID and proof of assistance from the sponsoring agency.
- Houston Furniture Bank will provide delivery service for a fee.
Following is the Houston Furniture Bank price list of basic furniture items:
|QTY||ITEM||HFB PRICE||POSSIBLE RETAIL|
|3 pc set||queen mattress, box spring & bed rail||$252.00||$399.00|
|3 pc set||twin mattress, box spring & bed rail||$195.00||$299.00|
|5 pc set||dining table with 4 chairs||$201.00||$399.00|
|1||chest of drawers||$199.00||$249.00|
Please contact Oli Mohammed at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.