A Houston Furniture Bank status update of Phase Three of the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund grant
PHASE THREE of the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund* program continues at Houston Furniture Bank and the flow of families needing assistance has not slowed. The goal of this project was to serve 700 families in the first 120 days after funding. As of February 28, 2018, the following results have been achieved in families served:
- Total Families Served through January 31, 2018 = 685 (98% of the goal)
- Agencies with which Houston Furniture Bank has worked = 17
- Furniture items distributed = 3,356
Unfortunately, funding for this project ends after March 2018. To continue efforts to aid the area in recovery from Hurricane Harvey, Houston Furniture Bank has created a new program: Charitable Furniture Purchase Program. This program was created so that agencies with Hurricane Harvey recovery funding are able to obtain furniture for affected families at discounted prices through the Houston Furniture Bank.
How this works:
- Charitable organizations assisting families will request assistance from HFB to purchase furniture packages or items based upon the number of client they need to serve.
- Only available for charitable 501(c)3 organizations and disaster recovery efforts. Not for retail sale!
- Payment for the requested furniture must be made at the time of making the initial order.
- HFB will distribute the furniture items to recipients from
8220 Mosley Road, Houston, TX 77075.
- Clients must bring in ID and proof of assistance from the sponsoring agency at time of pick up.
- HFB will provide delivery service for a fee; set up also is available, for an additional fee.
Following is the Houston Furniture Bank price list of basic furniture items:
|3 pc set||queen mattress, box spring & bed frame||$285.00|
|3 pc set||twin mattress, box spring & bed frame||$260.00|
|5 pc set||dining table with 4 chairs||$240.00|
|1||chest of drawers||$199.00|
*All prices subject to change
For additional information please contact Oli Mohammed at email@example.com.